SELENA GOMEZ SPEAKS OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME ABOUT HER KIDNEY TRANSPLANT

I DIDN'T WANT TO ASK A SINGLE PERSON IN MY LIFE'
In September, Selena Gomez revealed she'd had a kidney transplant courtesy of her best friend, actress Francia Raisa. Obviously, Gomez had kept news of this major operation very quiet but shared in a long Instagram post that she "looked[ed] forward" to sharing the full story with her fans soon. Now, it looks like that time has come.
On Friday morning (October 27), NBC's Today show teased a clip of Gomez and Raisa from an upcoming interview slated to air next week. "My kidneys were just done," Gomez says in the video, wiping at her eye. "That was it."
You feel that Francia saved your life?” -@savannahguthrie
“Because she did.” -@selenagomez
"I didn't want to ask a single person in my life, and that was the day I came home and found out," Gomez continues before looking over at Raisa, who starred on Secret Life of the American Teenager, "and she volunteered and did it." In her Instagram note, Gomez said Raisa had given her the "ultimate gift and sacrifice" by donating her kidney.
I’m very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn’t promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of. So I found out I needed to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus and was recovering. It was what I needed to do for my overall health. I honestly look forward to sharing with you, soon my journey through these past several months as I have always wanted to do with you. Until then I want to publicly thank my family and incredible team of doctors for everything they have done for me prior to and post-surgery. And finally, there aren’t words to describe how I can possibly thank my beautiful friend Francia Raisa. She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much sis. Lupus continues to be very misunderstood but progress is being made. For more information regarding Lupus please go to the Lupus Research Alliance website: www.lupusresearch.org/ -by grace through faith

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toke Makinwa OAP has only one birthday wish and it is Anthony Joshua

Not Every Woman Deserves a Great Guy. (Like not all Guys Deserve a Great Woman)